The Fitz Like A Glove™ Ironing Board Cover. Why It Always Shows Off Its Bottom!

by Carol Jones on May 24, 2012 · 6 comments

The Fitz Like A Glove™ Ironing Board Cover was designed by my partner, Victor Pleshev, an architect, in 1994.

To help his mother, Margarita, with her ironing when she lost the feeling in her hand from a stroke.

It was never meant to be a business. Just a gift from Victor to his mum.

Made with love and care in rural Australia by men and women who have a disability, this one size cover that fits many sizes and shapes of boards, has won the hearts of more than 250,000 people around the world.

This is why!

YouTube Preview Image

To visit The Fitz Like A Glove™ Ironing Board Cover on my website at InterfaceAustralia, click this link.

If you’d like to continue the conversation about the merits of The Fitz Like A Glove™ Ironing Board Cover, please leave a comment below. I’m guaranteed to reply.

In the meantime, take care. I wish you well. And I’ll see you next time.

All the best,

Carol Jones, Ironing Diva

Every morning I post a photo of my Wild Blue Yonder to Carol Jones Online on Google+. Go peek at my world.

Supporting links to websites.

Photos are courtesy of Carol Jones and taken on her rural property in the beautiful Central Tablelands of NSW Australia.

When I’m not out in the paddocks in the morning photographing my beautiful Wild Blue Yonder, I’m the purveyor of the one of the world’s finest ironing board covers, The Fitz Like A Glove™ Ironing Board Cover. And 5 other beautifully designed items of excellence. You can read all about them at my website, InterfaceAustralia. The home of Simple Solutions For Difficult Problems!

And made with love and care in rural Australia by men and women who have a disability. They put their heart and soul into everything they do. And it shows.

Every product is a joy to use. I guarantee it.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Beverley Stowe May 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Carol,……. I’m smiling all over!

Your Fitz Like A Glove tm Ironing Board Cover has been a welcomed aid in my home for about 17 years now. My first one lasted 14 years, a gift from a friend. It was still in one piece, and untorn, when I replaced it with my latest one, three years ago, just for a fresher appearance.

This one is still as good as new. And I use it for every conceivable bench surface requisite in ironing, sewing and depilling. And fancy that! Designed by a man. Accompanied of course by your Superior Felt Underlay, and your little Best Boy Ironing Cloth….which is a worthwhile little accessory, having saved all my artificial fabrics and former chorus costumes from getting scorched, or press-marked.

I always sponge up those water drops that randomly drip from my steam iron when I’m too impatient to allow it to first reach the appropriate temperature. Thus preventing the fibres of the strong twill weave from swelling and breaking. I learnt this helpful hint ages ago Carol, from your very own earlier website. And remember it regularly. Thankyou.

Loved this video above!! ….When a spectator feels completely comfortable, then the performer has connected successfully with the audience. And I felt so at ease, because you are totally relaxed.. A lovely ‘natural’ feel to your outdoor ‘stage’; with it’s unique freshness. And how nice to hear Victor’s co-direction. He wont appreciate the term ‘natural’ when it comes to his labour intensive rock wall!! But you both obviously enjoyed all the presentation clips….as I did.

Onward and upward Carol, with video technology under your belt. Congratulations to you both. Keep smiling now!! It’s contagious.

Beverley.

2 Carol Jones May 25, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Good morning Beverley,

You’ll have to star in the next video! I’ll get in touch with your agent to book you in!!

You’ve covered all the bases with your comment. And touched on aspects that make a video far too long to watch. Like the value of the Superior Felt Underlay. The Best Boy Pressing Cloth. And why we ban our customers from ironing a wet patch dry.

People often ask me how long a cover lasts. And my answer is always the same. It’s guaranteed against wear and tear for 12 months. And after that, it’s up to them and how well you look after things.

14 years for a cover is a very long time.

I’ve never worn a cover out either. I changed my first cover after 8 years because I wanted to try the new dark colours. I’ve had Ebony on my board since 2009 because I bought a black Morphy Richards iron – which I LOVE! – and felt that if anyone should be colour coordinated in the ironing room, it should be me!

We iron every day. And press The Travel Bug Shoe Bags, Best Boy Pressing Cloths, Roadworks Aprons, Mr Chins Laundry Bags and Log Luggers when they come back from our sewing company.

Victor’s rock wall surrounding the walled herb garden is a knockout. He’s not only a gifted architect, he’s a gifted rock wall builder. He’s built 5 extensive walls on this property since 1992 and they always catch the eyes of visitors. And feature in many of the product photos we do.

I’ll pass your comments on to Victor, Beverley. He’s appreciative of everyone who loves the cover he designed for his mother. And he’ll be smitten with your comment about his rock wall!

It’s always a pleasure and delight to receive your support. You’re an extraordinary ambassador for the Fitz Like A Glove™ Ironing Board Cover. I love it!!

Best wishes always,

Carol ❤❤❤

3 Beverley Stowe May 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Good morning Carol,

Thankyou, it’s been my pleasure. Resulting from a pleasurable shopping spree for myself, relatives and friends. And from our connection through your Fundraisng Program, “The Money Tree”, for my beloved Sweet Adelines Northern Beaches Chorus.

When a company presents well, and pampers me with extra touches on receiving an order, AS YOUR’S DOES, it makes my day. And bouys my spirits.

Recently my son gave me some delightful afternoon tea gifts by “Crabtree and Evelyn”. I’m still swooning over their design that’s lining the gift bag!! But that’s me.

But the products themselves make the lasting impressions. And all of yours, Carol, are worthy of recommendation. My “Travel Bug Shoe Bags” give me the feeling of serviceable luxury. The Log Lugger always looks inviting, and would be handy for our winter. Alas, I don’t have a wood fire!! But it would make life easier for those that do! And being pintsized myself, I’m still waiting to GROW into your generous “Roadworks Apron”! But I’m glad I have it handy for a visiting friend or relative, when the barbeque is spitting.

Just one more helpful hint when steam ironing!! I’ve learnt to keep my laundry ventilated with a window and a door open. Otherwise, depending on the environment, steam may eventually encourage mildew to grow within any underlay!!

One final point. I was brought up by my loving Mother who taught me about the finest things to appreciate in life. Quality was always No. 1. She had a physical disability ~ just one hand. But it never stopped her baking Easter Show Winning cakes, or knitting the finest garments for babies over many years. Carol, I know from my heart that your products have top quality input from disabled personnel…. another reason I’m proud to support you.

Continue your good work. With all your Love and Care.

Beverley.

4 Carol Jones May 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Beverley,

Thank you for sharing your story. Not many people do and I’m sure my visitors appreciate learning more about you. Especially how many of my products you have and how you use them.

Considering how petite you are, you have not a chance of ever growing into your Roadworks Apron!

Your generosity of spirit never fails to show through in your comments, Beverley. Which are always welcome.

Best wishes always,

Carol ❤❤❤

5 Valeria September 3, 2012 at 10:59 PM

AS always – BEAUTIFUL, witty, courageous, divine, you walk the talk!

6 Carol Jones September 4, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Good morning Valeria,

You always make me SMILE! Thank you so much. Are you taking a break to surf the internet instead of ‘head down, hands on keyboard’, tapping out the last words of your book?!

It’s always a delight to hear from you, especially as you have a tight publishing deadline to meet. Don’t forget to let me know when your book is on the shelves so I can share it with my readers.

Happy early spring. And once again Merci! I’m still smiling!!!

Best wishes,