Why Your Purchasing Experience Should Be Like A Marriage Made In Heaven

by Carol Jones on May 11, 2012 · 20 comments

A business is a way of life. It has a culture. And many have a cult following.

Apple and Zappos quickly come to mind.

There is a saying that we all prefer to do business with someone we know, trust, like, and have confidence in.

I can relate to that. Because I’m a customer too.

The person behind the business determines how that business is run.

When they’re passionate about their business, your buying experience is more like a marriage made in heaven. Rather than tackling the next door neighbour from hell.

YouTube Preview Image

Click here to visit my website www.InterfaceAustralia.com

If you’d like to continue the conversation about the importance of passion in business, please leave a comment below.

I’m guaranteed to reply.

In the meantime, take care. I wish you well. And I’ll see you next time.

All the best,

Carol Jones, Ironing Diva

Every morning I post a photo of my Wild Blue Yonder to Carol Jones Online on Google+. Go peek at my world.

Supporting links to websites.

Photos are courtesy of Carol Jones and taken on her rural property in the beautiful Central Tablelands of NSW Australia.

When I’m not out in the paddocks in the morning photographing my beautiful Wild Blue Yonder, I’m the purveyor of the one of the world’s finest ironing board covers, The Fitz Like A Glove™ Ironing Board Cover. And 5 other beautifully designed items of excellence. You can read all about them at my website, InterfaceAustralia. The home of Simple Solutions For Difficult Problems!

And made with love and care in rural Australia by men and women who have a disability. They put their heart and soul into everything they do. And it shows.

Every product is a joy to use. I guarantee it.

{ 20 comments… read them below or add one }

1 David Carse May 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Hi Carol,

What a wonderful video. You are a constant inspiration. I love your passion and dedication. I hope you get many more followers and inspire others to lead a similar quality ethical home business.

All the best.

2 Carol Jones May 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Good morning David,

I’m rarely lost for words, but your comment does humble me.

The English language is bereft of the colour and nuances of emotion heard in other languages and thank you just never seems to be enough when such a lovely compliment is given.

But rest assured it will be remembered with fondness. And joy!

You’re no slouch either when it comes to passion, dedication and doing more than just your best for your clients. Which is why you just grow and grow and grow.

To us. Marching forward to a different drumbeat!!

Best wishes always,

Carol ❤❤❤

3 Beverley Stowe May 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Dear Carol.

What a pleasant surprise!! And how glad I am, to “share” your video,.. with your approval of course!

I’m at the receiving end of your business. But how true..how very true,.. every word. And as a customer, I suppose I’m a testament to what you say. In 2009, when you accepted my request into your fundraising program for The Northern Beaches Chorus, you made it a most glorious connection.

You ploughed paramount professionalism into a continued string of business transactions…with every ingredient that exists within “Passion” …Dedication, dilligence, trust, faith, caring, detail, frequent contact, chartered organising, phone calls, newsletters, patience, availability, recognition, warmth, courtesy, respect and praise. Not excluding hard work with the most pleasant of attitudes, honesty, courtesy and ‘openness.’

And I became completely drawn into the true tales and talents you exhibit on your quality website. Which enabled me to ‘know you a little more’.

Carol. Do you wonder why I’m here now?

I never try to analyse the answer. I shall keep it quite simple. I hope it says it all.

“I want to be”.

Best wishes always, to my favourite Entrepreneurial friend. With love,

Beverley.

4 Carol Jones May 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Beverley,

This is an amazing and eloquent comment. I am so appreciative of everything you’ve said.

We’ve come a long way since you encouraged the Northern Beaches Chorus to become a member of The Money Tree.

We’ve not only raised funds together. But become friends in cyberspace. And have been in contact on an almost daily basis since then through the photos I post on The Fitz Like A Glove Ironing Board Cover page on Facebook. Your comments on my daily photos make me see my rural property through the eyes of another.

I want you to be here, too. And your unwavering support for what I do is very touching. And gratifying.

Don’t go away!

Thank you again, Beverley.

Best wishes always,

Carol ❤❤❤

5 diane gottsman May 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Hello Carol, thank you for inviting me to view your video. It is very clear that you have a passion for what you do and, at the same time, are giving back to your community. Congratulations!
Best, Diane Gottsman

6 Carol Jones May 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM

DIANE,

I do appreciate you taking the time to view this video. And take more time to leave a comment.

As a long time follower of me on Ironing Diva on Twitter, I thought it important for you to know what I do and have an understanding of my business.

I look forward to staying in touch.

Best wishes always,

Carol ❤

7 Paul Hassing May 15, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Great stuff, Carol! When I’m too tired (or not sufficiently awake) to read an article, I can always watch a video. And yours is a beaut! Best regards and all power to you! P. :)

8 Carol Jones May 15, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Good morning Paul,

I’ve just come back from my morning sojourn in the paddocks with lots of photos to sift through for my ‘morning photo’.

It’s 0C on my sheltered veranda and -5C in the paddocks, with a BIG frost crunching under my boots.

But your comment certainly warms my soul.

You never cease to make me smile, Paul. Your choice of words is always descriptive. And so very sincere.

A pleasure to have to view my video and take the time to make a comment. Especially first thing in the morning!

Best wishes always,

Carol ❤❤❤

9 Lisabeth Rosenberg May 17, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Carol,
You should have a clickable link directing people to your website on the comment section below the video. You will get more action, Most people will not bother to proceed further. Yours Truly,
Lisa

10 Carol Jones May 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM

LISA,

That IS such good advice. I’ve taken it. Executed it.

Will send you a Porsche.

And a dozen intoxicatingly fragrant red roses every day for the rest of your life as a token of my gratitude.

Merci many times over.

Best wishes always,

Carol ❤❤❤

11 Lisabeth Rosenberg May 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I like your passion. Something I can relate to. Trying to move forward in the Modern Age. Check out my videos on YouTube for Business and Entertainment: Lisa1LinenLady http://www.youtube.com/user/Lisa1LinenLady?feature=mhee

12 Carol Jones May 17, 2012 at 2:52 PM

LISA,

I put a link in your comment so people can go straight to your YouTube Channel. I’m sure my visitors will find more than one video appropriate for them.

Best wishes,

Carol ❤❤❤

13 Victoria Hansen May 17, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Hi Carol,

Thank you for letting me know about your video, apologies for late viewing, but well worth the wait.
What an amazing job you have done, I just loved it and a great start to your foray into multimedia. Soon you’ll be punching them out daily.

All the best for the next production, I’ll be waiting with bated breath. All the best, take care

Victoria

14 Carol Jones May 17, 2012 at 3:32 PM

VICTORIA,

You’re THE expert in video production. Producing multiple videos on a regular basis for your BlackBookCooking website, http://www.blackbookcooking.com.

And your multimedia clients.

A compliment from you is certainly one to treasure.

And I will!

The next one is in ‘pre-production’. Am finding it a bit more difficult to execute.

Have had to down tools. Rethink. And start again.

But this is what learning curves are for. And it’s what makes the process so very interesting.

Am looking forward to solving the production issues and completing it.

I do appreciate your words of encouragement. And they are very much appreciated.

Best wishes always,

Carol ❤❤❤

15 Victoria Hansen May 17, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Carol one thing to always keep in mind with online multimedia, the more YOU, you are, the more people will watch and enjoy.

You have certainly attained this in your video, but I understand it presents complications, and for many people the sheer amount of perceived work involved in creating multimedia is enough to put most people off.

But, it’s not as daunting as you might think and once you get into the swing of it, it will become second nature.

At present you are doing many stages of production and they seem overwhelming. Just remember, you already know the information, you don’t need scripts, just talk. Gary Vaynerchuck just talked about what he know, never worried about the perfect video setting or what he sounded like, or whether he said ums and ahs, he just told the story and look how that turned out.

When you get to that point when you can walk into your office, turn on the webcam and chat away, then be happy enough to just render that piece of footage through your editing software without much editing, you know you’re on a winner.

There are also some platforms you can use which do the editing for you immediately, and I sent you that video I did on one of them. I’m happy to help you with trailing one of those if you’re interested. It will save you an enormous amount of time and effort and producing video blogs will become a daily exercise with very little effort. It will also help with your bandwidth, because it’s recorded directly to the platform.

All worth considering. Either way, you’re on a roll, well done.

Victoria

16 Carol Jones May 17, 2012 at 4:28 PM

VICTORIA,

That’s sound advice not just for me.

But for anyone who’s just starting out creating videos.

It can seem overwhelming. Especially when you want to do something that’s beyond your present skill level.

But if you don’t reach up and beyond your current capability, you can’t grow.

I’ve spent the day solving most of my production issues.

And will nail down the others tomorrow.

So it’s back to fronting the camera on the weekend!

Take 1 coming up!

Best wishes,

Carol ❤❤❤

17 Victoria Hansen May 17, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Good luck, look forward to the installment.

18 Carol Jones May 17, 2012 at 6:04 PM

VICTORIA,

Thank you! I know that comes straight from the heart.

Very much appreciated!

Carol ❤❤❤

19 Beverley Stowe May 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Carol.

I have left a message for you on Facebook. You MAY hear from a beautiful winning quartet called Hi-Jinx from Western Australia. They have just become our National Champion Quartet of Sweet Adelines Australian Region 34. They will be going to International Competition in USA, and have asked for Fundraising Contacts to help them get there.

Who better than you and your Money Tree!! So I have messaged them all the information they need to find you.

Best Wishes,

Beverley xo

20 Carol Jones May 24, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Good morning Beverley,

Thank you sooooo much! I did receive your message on Facebook too.

A very timely mention because I just uploaded a video to this blog early this morning.

It’s – - -

The Fitz Like A Glove™ Ironing Board Cover. Why It Always Shows Off Its Bottom!

The link is http://bit.ly/JydaPO

Beverley, you’ve been a constant ambassador for The Fitz Like A Glove™ Ironing Board Cover for many, many years. It really does humble me! Thank you so much.

Best wishes always,